Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there friends! I'm looking for a fair condition 302 engine and preferably matching 3-speed transmission, but will get them separate as well. I want them to be correct for a 68 fastback J code GT. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Looking forwards to hearing from you and thank you in advance for your time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you're still looking, I have a 68 J-code 302 with an after market intake and I should also have a 3 speed laying around. I'm in Michigan

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a 3 speed ( without bellhousing) from a 67 Mustang with the linkage, shifter box, and handle if your interested.

·
Premium Member
2,187 Posts
smog heads

Hi there friends! I'm looking for a fair condition 302 engine and preferably matching 3-speed transmission, but will get them separate as well. I want them to be correct for a 68 fastback J code GT. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Looking forwards to hearing from you and thank you in advance for your time.
Just so you know ........... A standard shift J-Code came with smog heads which has it's own smog system pulley and bracket system for the front of the motor. Also the valve covers had a few special brackets for the spark plug wires, smog carb etc. Ray

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
The J code is not just a 302. Ford made zillions of 302 2V engines through the 80 Granada that were relatively low compression 2V carbed. In 69 and 70 the 4V 302 was the Boss, entirely different Cleveland head engine. The one time J code replaced the A code 289 4V and was 10:1 compression.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts