Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for help on a few minor details on my 68 390 (68 1/2 clone). I'm trying to figure out the correct way to hook up my PCV valve and power brake booster. I have one vacuum inlet on my intake manifold and an inlet on the back of my carburetor spacer. The inlet on my carburetor spacer is broken off and seems like it may have been to small for either of the vacuum lines. Does anyone know the correct way to make these connections?
Also looking for information or pictures on the 68 1/2 CJ air cleaner. The one I have fits right but looks like a golf ball sitting on a tee. I'm wondering what I really have.

Jim

·
Registered
786 Posts
The PCV hose needs to go where that broken tube is coming out of your carburetor spacer. The other one is for you power brake booster. To repair the spacer ..........

You can get a piece of 1/4 pipe. Cut off about an inch past the threads. Drill out and tap the carburetor spacer (use 1/4" NPT tap and 7/16 inch drill) The outside of the 1/4 inch pipe is just about the right size for the PCV hose - Don't ask me how I know how to do this! With the hose pushed over and clamped, you won't be able to tell it's been repaired with a piece of pipe.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The PCV valve connects to a metal tube that is connected to the intake manifold in two locations - a flare fitting at the front and a short piece of hose in the rear connected to a port on a small brass distribution block. IIRC the booster is connected to another port on the same distribution block. I'd email a pic but the engine is out & disassembled at the moment

1 - 3 of 3 Posts