Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm restoring a 68 mustang 200 inline 6 cylinder with my son, his first car. Would anyone happen to have some pics of the proper fuel line routing they could share? We just need the shorter hardline portion close to the fuel pump. Thank you!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Did you look at the video on cj pony youtube site. That's what I plan to use to do my install on my 65 from tank to fuel pump. I installed my new tank today.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Is the 68 the same as 67? On my 67 the fuel line from the tank comes up along the inside of the frame rail and ends near the steering box with a rubber line connecting it to the fuel pump. Then there's the hard line from the pump to a little rubber hose at the fuel filter screwed into the carb.

I just recently posted a few pics of the tank line near the steering box over here if that'll help.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Refer to page 65 of the chassis assembly manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses! The pics were very helpful. Does the fuel line cross through the frame rail before coming up by the steering box or does it go underneath? I see there is a hole in the frame it could possible go through but I don't know how I'd get it in there and also through the hole that runs along the frame rail to connect it to the longer fuel line running to the tank.

·
Registered
717 Posts
When I was restoring my 67, I found this blog to be very helpful: Bringing fuel to the fire That post shows some good pictures of the 68 fuel line routing.

I am not certain of the differences in 68 between convertible and other, or 6 vs 8. I know in 67, the 6 line didn't go outside the front frame rail like it did on the 8. And for the 8 early vs late, the early didn't go through the torque box like the 68 does.

Here is my blog post on my 67 line installation. Fuel line

Hopefully this gets you a little closer.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
On my 67 the fuel line cuts over from the tunnel to the frame rail just in front of the seat bolts and then runs under the frame. The parking brake cable goes through the hole in the frame on mine.

After that it just goes along the inside of the frame rail up to the steering box.

With any luck the 68 is the same and this shows you something you can use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts