Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have a good picture of the correct drain hole location for a 68? With the evaporator installed the most convenient location would seem to be on the hump in a straight line from the drain,but there is no dimple there. There is a dimple on the floor a couple inches to the right. This would cause the hose to form a slight S shape and place the hose where it could be kicked. I have seen one pic of a 69 that showed the hose in this locational the floor.

Before I drill a hole I would really like to make sure I do it right.

In the pic you can see the two locations circled with a sharpie; the circle on the left is where the hose would go in a straight line from the drain and end up on the hump. The circle on the right is the dimple in the floor.

While you're looking, anyone know what the two holes punched on the top of the hump are for? They are factory holes, but nothing I can think of mounts there. There are not sealed either, so they just add a path for water to get in.

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Mine has the hole for the A/C on the hump. No idea what the other hole is for. I do not have one in that location
Interesting, I noticed that firewall pad has a half circle cut out for the spot on the floor, and the assembly manual says there should be a dimple for the hole.

Any chance you can get a pic of yours?

·
Registered
962 Posts
I've added a few more pictures. The hose part number is C7ZA-19728-C. Note the spring clamp where the hose is attached to the drain nipple. At the floor there is a retainer that fits around a groove in the hose, and a short screw holds it firmly in place on the floor.

I have a Ford NOS hose but it is nothing like the original C7ZA-19728-C as shown in the pictures. The replacement from classic auto air, shown in one of the attached pictures, is very close and just needs to be cut to length.

I have not found a source for the floor retainer. I've got all the dimensions and thought about making some for those that need them.

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Flade

I apologize that the info I gave earlier was totally wrong. The hole on mine is not on the hump. I was a zombie this morning due to some serious storms that came through last night.

Andy

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, that is exactly the info I needed. It is clearly the spot on the floorboard where the dimple is located. I have a hose and the retaining clip I had been saving for my 66, I am really surprised everyone sells the hoses but no one sells the retainer. I'll have to hunt down one.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I've added a few more pictures. The hose part number is C7ZA-19728-C. Note the spring clamp where the hose is attached to the drain nipple. At the floor there is a retainer that fits around a groove in the hose, and a short screw holds it firmly in place on the floor.

I have a Ford NOS hose but it is nothing like the original C7ZA-19728-C as shown in the pictures. The replacement from classic auto air, shown in one of the attached pictures, is very close and just needs to be cut to length.

I have not found a source for the floor retainer. I've got all the dimensions and thought about making some for those that need them.
Did you ever make any of those floor retainers? I could use one or two if so.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have not but I'm meeting up with a guy that makes similar parts so will get a cost estimate from him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts