Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the complete brake line kits offered by numerous vendors quality goods?
Vendor suggestions?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Yeah they are ok, you will still have to tweak them just a little bit. If I had to do it all over again, I would get them from Classic Tube or In-Line Tube, just make sure where ever you get them from they are CNC mandrel bent.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Are the complete brake line kits offered by numerous vendors quality goods?
I had no complaints with mine, even though I had to do some reforming to fit them to the modified (SSBC) brakes. I don't know the maker; came from the local Mustang shop.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My vendor was Pepboys, i bought:
tubing
tube bender tool
tube cutter tool
tube flaring tool (double flare)
:: :: :: Good Luck :: :: ::

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I got a standard kit from CJ pony parts it worked well. No complaints. Good Luck, Dave...

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pucksaver, I like your method.
How much did it cost? Was the savings worth the effort?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Im not sure how much a kit costs but it was definitely worth it, takes a little more time and planning to figure out where the tubes are going to bend but its not too hard. Just make sure that your fittings all fit together and you make a good flare otherwise you get a leak! :: Good luck.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Just installed a complete stainless steel set from NPD on my 68 'vert. Fit very well, a few slight tweaks to get things lined up, but everything went in in just few hours. One nice thing about the pre-bent kits is they have all the fittings (could be bad if you use an after market MC or prop valve) and also have all the extra reinforcement (added thickness and the springy sleeves) in the right places. To me the time savings for a one-off job was worth the "extra" cost over buying tubing and fittings...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
if your like me and usually have more time then money, you can do it yourself, like pucksaver. they should have everything you need at pepboys. i like the cheap tube bendier, it let me get in to tight places and make bends with out takeing the line out of the car. also, use a metal hanger to prefab the lines, or at least just a few angles at a time to give you an idea. the double flaring tool (from pep boys) will probably cost like 30 but the other stuff is pretty cheap. when your done, at least you can say you did it your self

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
i got mine from Classic Tube for about $120 - steel. they are only 3 miles from my house. they are excellent and fit very well. they showed me how they shipped them with bends when required and showed hoe easy it was to straighten them out. very impressive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts