Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy in our local club is moving, and so he needs to sell his 1968 California Special. He's asked me to buy it, and I'm tempted. It's a cool car in nice condition, and I'm hankering for a mustang that actually is driveable.
Laurie S. has been nice enough to give me some guidance, as one of her friends (whom I've met) has the same year/model. How rare are these? Does anyone know how many were made?
He sent me some pics today via email, and it looks really good. Thanks - Dickson

1965 GT fastback
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

G

·
0 Posts
I happen to have the Marti report for my California Special right here... According to him, there were 4117 made. Of course all would be coupe's. And the VIN must begin with 8R01. You can get lots of info at www.californiaspecial.com

68 California Special- Acapulco Blue- Will someone please sell me one Marchal fog lamp lense?

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Take a peek here for info and answers on this limited production Pony...

My info is that there were under 5000 units originally produced....Charles Turner or Kevin Marti likely are the folks to ask about that ...

Pat
http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/strtmstng002_sml.JPG

G

·
0 Posts
Dix,
Let me know if you pass on the GT/CS. I'm actively looking and live in Texas. BTW post the data plate #'s. I (and others) might like to see the way it came from San Jose. Best of luck...

Wayde Gardner
69 Black Jade Boss 429 clone
A deal that sounds too good to be true usually is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts