Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize there is a food chain of desirable models, with shelby's being at the top (I think). Where, or how special or desirable is the '68 gt/cs.....? What's your opinion?

Jaime

·
Gone but never forgotten
25,239 Posts
Just above the '68 coupe, since basically that's all it is with a couple of trim items. The value lands about the same place ... high end of the coupe value.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
boss 429 is on the top of the food chain, followed by GT500 shelby's... i think

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I dunno about a Boss 429 being more valuable than a Shelby... At least of equal value though. Both cars are very rare..

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I'm seeing them priced at GT level. Kind of a redheaded stepchild - At the Ocean City Cruise In, I was away from my car a bit ( I like to do this like Johnpro and listen to the comments) when this kid with a late model mustang shirt walked up to the back and said, "Boy, he really cobbed this up. Trying to make a Shelby out of a coupe with a vinyl top!"
I shot right over and explained the car to the kid. It was at that show that I ordered a flashboard www.showboards.com to explain the cars position in Mustang Land. Shelby wanted nothing to do with it and didn't want his name on it. This is when he found out that he didn't own the rights to the Cobra name. It was the beginning of the end of the Shelby/Ford relationship. Ford took over building the cars and everything was contractual for the last few years. Check out www.californiaspecial.com

·
Registered
762 Posts
I agree with the above posts relative to "value". My problem is the emotional value. I'd ditch the 69 for a GT/CS in half a heartbeat. If you look at the actual "value", they are probebly pretty close. But Maaaaan would I love to own a GT/CS. My gut feeling is that you could get a bit more for it than a standard GT. Or, expect to pay more than the standard GT. No science on that notion, but this is a pretty unique car that are not sitting on every car lot, or is EVER in the classifieds.

Just my opinion. Truthfully, maybe a bit scewed because I want one so bad ! hehehe

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is an EXTREAMLY rare car. Snap it up for $3,000 if it is complete. That's a good deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts