Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking the data on pct of Mustangs by color is in the "In Search of Mustangs" book or someone might have it from Kevin Marti.

I'm wondering what pct of '68 Mustangs were made in the color Lime Gold (y'know...Baby Puke Green! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif)

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I don't know the numbers (someone will) but I can tell you this....there were a butt-load of those slime gold cars made...everytime I turn around I'm running into a car that used to be slime gold....one of the most heavily produced and heavily changed colors....

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does this quantity provided by Midlife make Lime Gold the most popular color in '68? I thought I'd read somewhere that it was....

Also, everyone hates the color, but my preference was to go back to the original color (which definitely looked slimey on my sLime). The results don't look too bad.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Bill,
for the last 2 months I've been a sandin and an scrapin the slime off my 68. The more I took off the more I liked the color. It just grew on me and I'm thinking I may be spraying it Lime Gold. Your's looks great by the way.

·
Premium Member
19,212 Posts
Kevin Marti's book indicates that Lime Gold was the most popular color in 1968. I guess everyone was smoking that funny weed back then....

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Don't get me wrong...slime gold is not a bad color when it's shiny...it's just the majority of the cars I have seen aren't...and dull slime gold is damn ugly. Now as for the ivy gold interior color....never saw one I liked.
But I'm a gulfstream aqua fan myself.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I had a '70 Mach 1 once. Great car. Low milage, 1 owner. 351 Clevland, Shacker, and 4 speed.....But, I hatd the car. It was Lime Gold.....sold it after 3 months...Hated the car more with each passing day....
Do like EVERYONE else...paint it Reasale RED...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts