Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at a 68 6cly. convtible car today and the car was worse that I had hoped. The seller doesn't live in the same state and I haven't got a chance to talk to him yet but I have been told he is asking $3000. The car needs all the floors and inner rockers along with some other stuff. I am going to offer $500 max for the car when I talk to him. What do you think it's worth?

·
Registered
288 Posts
If it is complete and all of the special convertible pieces are there at least $1000-1500. If it runs and drives maybe a little more.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car doesn'r run or drive at this time. It was driven into the place it sits now so I am sure with a little work it could be driven but I wouldn't feel safe in it.

I mentioned to the guy that has the car in his garage, I think he's the brother-in-law that the car may bring 1,000 to 1,500 but I would only pay $500. So I guess I wasn't to far off.

I don't need another project right now but if the price is right then I can't pass it up. It may be best if he doesn't accept my offer. It may be a year or two before I could get to it.

G

·
If it needs floors and inner rockers, I'd be very wary of other hidden rust in the frame, shock towers, etc. I did a pile of work to mine and spent way more than the car is worth complete by the time I got done. I'd go as low as you can (start at <$1k). See my website for some pictures of what to expect (especially the pictures page).

Randy

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I take it you did all of the work your self? I don't think I can go more than $500 for the car for a couple reasons.

One is it's really in bad shape. Yours looked to be in better shape before the resto than this one is in. Second is that I have a 73 Bronco I would like to start and finish for the wife. Third I maybe have a chance at a 67 fastback for a real good price, to good to pass up. The most important reason of all is the wife is in school full time right now and will be for another year and a half so I must work on all of the side jobs I can get to keep up with bills and still have a little money for projects.

So if the car can be bought for $500 then I have the wifes blessing. I don't think he will sell it that low anyways so I won't have anything to worry about. I really do want a conv. though. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts