Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, found a 68 cougar w/rebuilt 289 today, c4 trans & console. if I personally do not need the engine/trans. is it still worth 500.00?
I am converting a 6 to 8 & wil use the rear, the P/S & indash a/c but other than that, I can not think of anything else. are cougar parts worth much if the doors & fenders are decent? what about the interior, can it be changed to mustang upholstery?
thoughts & comments are appreciated

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Cougars are wider and longer than Mustangs (and rarer too). Buckets may interchange, probably the rear seat would not, but I'm not 100% sure. I hate to see you chop one up unless it's already a POS.

(However, if you do but it and intend to part it out, LMK. There are non-repro'd parts I could use for my '67)

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
RESTORE THE COUGAR!

why the hell do people think that just because its not a mustang it doesnt deserve the same treatment? sorry this is a pet pieve of mine in general... I think cougars are way cooler "muscle cars" than a mustang is.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Sure its worth it!! I bought one that was "stripped" for $300.00 a while back. Rust through one the top and trunk area mafe it a parts car, BUT....The nice straight rocker trim sold for $300.00 on E-Hay and the fenders went to a deserving soul nearby. Reenforced shock towers went to a 428
being rebuilt. And the 9 inch posi is still waiting for a home. This was a 69 but the parts are there. I just wish I could find a good Cougar...maybe after the 4 I have lined up for projects get done!
Bruce (TX)

G

·
0 Posts
Im sure you will find some cougar fans here to sell anything you dont use. or that forbidden site. Take the chrome, they don't reproduce any of it. If the car is in fixable shape, why not clean it up and sell it. Take it to a cruise in. My Cougar gets more attention than my Mach 1. You just dont see that many out there any more. BTW, Id be interested in the console if its too far gone to fix.
Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts