Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to sell my 68 coupe so I can get going on my next project. I don't want to do the ebay thing; I want people to see the car in person.
The door tag reads as follows: x-presidential blue 2A-black interior 71-Los Angeles 2-2.79 gear w-c4 transmission. This is a c code (289) car.
Car now has a 302 in it with 78 model heads. It is now black with a white vinyl top. It has white interior. I know 68's did not come with white interior but I paid extra to have a Mustang supply dealer make the seat covers and door panels in white.
Car has ps, pb, aftermarket AM_FM cassette, front disc brakes and air conditioning. I have added most GT options but the car is not a GT. It has new complete dual exhaust with the chrome tips coming out the rear valance, white reflective c-stripe, GT wheels and turn signal hood.

NEW PARTS
Steering wheel (non original Mustang style wheel with Mustang horn button) dual exhaust, BF Goodrich tires, seat covers, arm rest, door panels, carpet, inner and outer door handles, window cranks, windlace, headliner, dome light, dash pad, instrument bezel, shocks, ac condenser, bumpers, hood edge molding, trunk molding and letters, flip down gas cap (69 cap) all weather-strips, rocker panels, cove moldings, drip edge moldings, fender emblems, fan shroud, air cleaner (cobra style) windshield washer bottle, battery tray, rotors, brake pads and shoes, sway bar end link kit, tail light bezels, back up lights and I am sure more that I don't remember.

This is an original California car (do not know how long it has been here) The only rust that was on this car is under the battery and where the fender aprons overlap the shock towers. These places were starting to bubble so they were cut out and new metal welded in. Look at the pictures; check out those torque box, floors etc, solid as new. Sure wish the rust bucket Mach I just bought was this solid!! The trunk lid is not original to this car. It was rusty and was fixed using ALL METAL; it did not have new metal welded in. I was going to change it later but have never gotten around to it.
I have about 60 pictures of this car before, during and after the restoration. Just click on the hyper link to see them. I had an appraisal done by Chris at Mustang restorations in Dundee about a month ago. He appraised it at $19,600. A copy of the appraisal comes with the car. Price is $13,500 or best offer. Possible trades considered for 65-66 fastback, , Shelby, California Special or Boss project cars.
The car is located in Sycamore Illinois, 60 miles west of Chicago on Rte 64 (North Avenue) Email me at [email protected] Thanks, John
http://members.aol.com/tbolt427/coupe/

1 - 1 of 1 Posts