Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need a hood looking for aftermarket , and suggestions on witch hoods are best

THANKS,
BTK

·
Registered
330 Posts
Reproduction sheet metal is made by a few companies and sold under a variety of brand names by an even wider variety of retail vendors. If you are looking for a recommendation of a current production run, I suggest you contact NPD. They often carry similar parts from dis-similar manufacturers and can guide you in making a selection based upon quality criteria. When it comes to sheet metal quality, you tend to get what you pay for but there are still the occasional pieces where the price distinction is no guarantee of high quality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reproduction sheet metal is made by a few companies and sold under a variety of brand names by an even wider variety of retail vendors. If you are looking for a recommendation of a current production run, I suggest you contact NPD. They often carry similar parts from dis-similar manufacturers and can guide you in making a selection based upon quality criteria. When it comes to sheet metal quality, you tend to get what you pay for but there are still the occasional pieces where the price distinction is no guarantee of high quality.
Thanks ill check them out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts