Vintage Mustang Forums banner

241 - 260 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Had tow straps installed. After breaking down and having to use 2 tow trucks - I couldn't stand the thought of their grimy hands and tow hooks all over the man jewelry from Street or Track...

Yes it was done right...

Rear

·
Vendor
5,228 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's been an honest pleasure looking through this thread. I need this every now and then to keep me interested in mine. I love the blue on black. My 66 is Chrystler GTS Blue (Viper color) with all black accents. Only thing I'd change on yours is that damn chrome trim! Black that **** out man!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
It's been an honest pleasure looking through this thread. I need this every now and then to keep me interested in mine. I love the blue on black. My 66 is Chrystler GTS Blue (Viper color) with all black accents. Only thing I'd change on yours is that damn chrome trim! Black that **** out man!
This is a want item, but I don't want to do the work! LOL Getting lazy and just want to drive it... Thanks for the awesome feedback tho!!! Keep me posted as you do cool stuff on yours!

·
Vendor
5,228 Posts
Did you do the chrome extension from Photobucket Hotlink Fix offered by bridgetroll.io? It allows the pics to work for me.
I just did! Thanks for the tip. Now I get to drool over your car again!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
I just did! Thanks for the tip. Now I get to drool over your car again!
Of note, there was some issues from a tech perspective yesterday with the extension. It was causing many users to experience a long lag in loading pages. Hopefully they update the extension to match whatever Google did to Chrome so it goes back to fully functioning. If you have issues with pages loading, just remove the extension for a while and try it again later.

·
Registered
120 Posts
This is a want item, but I don't want to do the work! LOL Getting lazy and just want to drive it... Thanks for the awesome feedback tho!!! Keep me posted as you do cool stuff on yours!
I totally get it. I took a day and just went for it myself. Like you, I didn't really want to take the time so I prepped, primed and painted everything while on the car. It came out surprisingly well! Now that I'm tearing mine back down for a full build I'll redo it the right way. I'll start a thread on my progress soon.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
I will likely come back to fill in the details of the work, but here is a preview of the fix. Tahoe Turquoise Metallic is stock color. The electric blue is obvi what it was secondly. And now I'll be going harley davidson black with ghost shimmer blue pearl. It's pretty stunning in person.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hey gang, long time no see. Had a fun year driving Electra all over. Until September when I had a boo-boo... OUCH

Hood pins broke loose...

WTF! I would have not guessed your hood pins letting go as the cause of all this. Major suck. Good luck in the rebuild.

PS- your car looks a lot like mine, only yours is waaaaay better.

241 - 260 of 275 Posts