Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
When I saw the pic of the cone style air filter I wondered if a pic of an induction forcing tool was on it's way.

Nice! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Will I get to see the car at the Loveland MCA National in July? I am assuming that the Novi propelled motor won't be in it but I would still like to see the car and your progress.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
trkpny2 I didn't even know about this show, glad you said something! There is nothing about the car that would win currently, paint is a 15+ footer, still awaiting headers... But I'm looking into the options to attend now.

69bosssvt I am waiting on the template to show up in the mail from j persons and it will be done soon. Also rolling the fenders once that tool shows up.

It has el cheapo Monroe shocks, so I need to address all three things before too long as the tires are getting messed up.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks for the wheel compliments! They are 17x8's in front and 18x8's in rear. Tires are 245's in front and 255's in rear 40 aspect all around.

The headers arrived on Friday last week, so just waiting to get on the schedule and this should be up and running soon. I have to admit the hardest part is waiting...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Progress finally found itself... LOL

Got the fenders Rolled to correct the first crappy job.

Returned the Edelbrock carb that wasn't going to match the direction of the project. (HECK YES to the guy asking if projects take turns and changes during the process).

Tired of sweating in the summer when I want to use the car for work, so the cool breeze is coming soon!

Won a photo shoot with the local project cars group on facebook! It was a new vs old theme so the 'newer' RX7 was there with me. Had a blast!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
As you will see below, the stance is a touch high. So I HAD TO HAVE em!
Big thanks as you hear from everyone else that has directly worked with Shaun at SorT. He's legit! Went with the front coil over kit in Sport spec. Added some Bilstein shocks for the rear since I'm not ready to go full out 3 link yet.

/Insert Brown Santa Song here/

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yesterday I was pretty excited to see this set of pictures from the shop. I'm nowhere near competent enough nor have the time with current workload to be able to do a full blown engine replacement. They are a very busy shop to say the least.

Hopefully I'll have the old beast cleaned up soon so it can go to a new home and continue it's good deeds.

·
Vendor
5,227 Posts
Yeah baby! You are gonna love how it rides with the new suspension. Oh, and the power will be fun!

The RPM Air Gap is actually a really good all round intake. It'll give up some numbers at the very top of the RPM range but will make more in the mid-range than say a Victor Jr. Much better suited to driving around on the streets and, for that matter, coming out the corners on twisty race tracks.

21 - 40 of 275 Posts