Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
The RPM Air Gap is actually a really good all round intake. It'll give up some numbers at the very top of the RPM range but will make more in the mid-range than say a Victor Jr. Much better suited to driving around on the streets and, for that matter, coming out the corners on twisty race tracks.
I will second this. The difference in driveability and lower RPM use moving to the RPM air gap from the Vic Jr I had was really surprising. Pretty large cam 347 car and didn't like sub 3k much ... now is much more willing to run a little lower (2k) and making more torque ... did lose a little top end from the SoP, but I think it was a great trade for me.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Looks like a FUN build for sure.
I will offer a different opinion on your intake choice. Being your going to force feed this beast I would run an AirGap Torquer, you have the lowend covered with the blower and the mixture distribution is much more important at high(er) RPM than "low end" torque. Truthfully at normal drive around 1800-2400rpm cruise RPM,no throttle opening to speak of "low end torque" means near nothing because just a little toe pressure on the long pedal will have you in boost right now. I think in the real world you are going to want to kill some low end torque anyway.
Your new carb choice is right on the money though.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Looks like a FUN build for sure.
I will offer a different opinion on your intake choice. Being your going to force feed this beast I would run an AirGap Torquer, you have the lowend covered with the blower and the mixture distribution is much more important at high(er) RPM than "low end" torque. Truthfully at normal drive around 1800-2400rpm cruise RPM,no throttle opening to speak of "low end torque" means near nothing because just a little toe pressure on the long pedal will have you in boost right now. I think in the real world you are going to want to kill some low end torque anyway.
Your new carb choice is right on the money though.
Link please, not familiar with AirGap Torquer.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Power Steering Weld had to be cleaned up, sorry first pic sucked for resolution

Not as clean as I hoped for, but much better than the slag filled heap that it started with.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Headers took a hot minute to accommodate fitment around steering box. But they look a fuzz better than the old rusty ones with 4 bolts on them to attach the pipes.

Powermaster Starter

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
So here is the engine as she sits today.

Novi 1500

Shout out to Ledfoot Racing, I bought a Champion radiator last MAY and they are letting me exchange it now 10 months later after we determined the driver side outlet wasn't going to work with the new configuration with all the stuff on it. Essentially I added AC post purchase and messed up all the plans. Small restock fee and shipping at my expense, but glad to have a solution to move forward.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Very nice build!!
What seats/upholstery?

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
What headers are those?

Do you have any pics of your tailpipe hangers under the back seat and rear frame rails?

Thanks
Paul

41 - 60 of 275 Posts