Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Big News! Saturday morning I got the car up and running which was a little hard since even though it was a nice day by Nebraska standards, it was still in the 30s and the car doesn't really like the cold. But after adjusting the new electric choke, I let it warm up and drove it a few blocks to a local paint/body shop. It's a one man shop, and the owner is a friend of ours, so hopefully all goes well and he doesn't go over budget or take forever. He's starting in on some metal work, replacing the rear trunk support, patching a gap between the firewall and toe boards, and welding up the antenna hole since I'm doing a hidden antenna. Then will come the panel alignment and body work, followed by paint. But I know he does good work and it's close by, so those are positives. It was strange not seeing the Mustang in the shop for the first time in quite a while, but now I guess I can get to work on recovering the seats and making a list of the rest of the things I will need before getting officially back on the road!

Reactions: Jimmi Von

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
While the car is in the body shop, I've had some time lately to work on the seats. I'm redoing all the upholstery, and I'm starting in the back seat, so if I mess up while learning, at least it won't be as visible. I started by taking off the old upholstery and using the wire wheel to clean up the rust, then a coat of black rustoleum spray paint to protect the frame. Then I used the TMI upholstery and hog rings to stretch the new vinyl, I think they came out pretty good! Next up, the front seats.
In the mean time, I saw the car today and the rear support has been replaced, the gas tank is back in the car, and the rear valance is in primer, the roof is being stripped, and I'm now looking for a new trunk lid, but finding one that doesn't cost more in truck freight than the lid itself is proving to be difficult...
IMG_1002.jpg
IMG_1009.jpg
61766220900__E88A3762-7397-4F46-B1E8-57BC403BB168.JPG

Reactions: Huntingky

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Here's how she sits now.

Reactions: stang66uy
21 - 24 of 24 Posts