Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Big News! Saturday morning I got the car up and running which was a little hard since even though it was a nice day by Nebraska standards, it was still in the 30s and the car doesn't really like the cold. But after adjusting the new electric choke, I let it warm up and drove it a few blocks to a local paint/body shop. It's a one man shop, and the owner is a friend of ours, so hopefully all goes well and he doesn't go over budget or take forever. He's starting in on some metal work, replacing the rear trunk support, patching a gap between the firewall and toe boards, and welding up the antenna hole since I'm doing a hidden antenna. Then will come the panel alignment and body work, followed by paint. But I know he does good work and it's close by, so those are positives. It was strange not seeing the Mustang in the shop for the first time in quite a while, but now I guess I can get to work on recovering the seats and making a list of the rest of the things I will need before getting officially back on the road!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts