Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 coupe I'm resto-modding. I have a 351w bored 20 over and was thinking of getting the Edelbrock 2092 top end kit for it. I was wondering what anyone thinks about using a Edelbrock 1406 600 cfm carb on it. Is it too small for that application? Or is it just right. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
You're going to get a lot of conflicting opinions here. And, on a partially related note...if you're not going to stroke the 351, stick with the 302 based blocks. A 347 will walk ALL OVER a similarly prepped 351 on any day that ends in 'y'.

Now for your actual question. What are your goals? For a fun ride as compared to stock...it'll be great. The money could be better spent in my opinion, but the plug and play aspect is nice...if you don't want to do your own legwork.

For me lol...plug and play takes all the fun out of it. I enjoy piecing together setups that work well for a given application. Generally one can save a good chunk of money, and come out ahead in the performance aspect as well.

Cris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts