Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
19,530 Posts
Dearborn cars generally have it on the passenger side shock tower, but most others are on the driver's side. It wouldn't have a caution fan decal even with a shroud, that came later as a safety measure.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
yelostang said:
Ca. built 68 C code cv. Been a long time since looking at decals. Car came with a stripped engine cmpt. Where does the service spec decal go? Did all 68's with shroud come with the caution fan decal? Have seen a couple originals that did NOT have it.

Service decal - Does you car have PS or AC?

As for the CAUTION FAn - Laurie_S already answered that one ;)

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
yelostang said:
Jeff: Car is AC, PS and PDB

Here is a picture from a fairly untouched original car. The placement is exactly the same a about another 100 pictures from original SJ 68 cars equipped the same. Without AC they are typically mounted about 6-8" lower

Car is 8R01C127305

Pretty level and high up on the shock tower

Hope this helps

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
yelostang said:
Thanks for a GREAT PIC!! Also a nice shot of the hood wires at the cowl!

Those are nothing.... how about these with those difficult to find clips ;) From 8R01C127139

We're going to spoil all of you ;)

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Jeff_Speegle said:
how about these with those difficult to find clips
Jeff, are you talking about the clips the bolts go through or the plastic clip?

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Both can be difficult to find for some (includes the push post clip at the top hole)

I can normally find some ... since I'm out and about ;)

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jeff. Am sure that you've come across the little "retainers" that hold the socket into the blinker housing. They are curved on one end to hold the socket, and they attach with a single screw in the hole in the housing. I had some on another 68. Those are great detail shots. I think I have 3 of those wire holders.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Jeff_Speegle said:
Both can be difficult to find for some (includes the push post clip at the top hole)

I can normally find some ... since I'm out and about ;)
Reason I ask (I've never noticed this before) is those plactic clips look to be the same ones that hold the harness to the tail lamp bodies used in 68 Shelby/65 T bird. I've got a can full of them.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
yelostang said:
Jeff. Am sure that you've come across the little "retainers" that hold the socket into the blinker housing. They are curved on one end to hold the socket, and they attach with a single screw in the hole in the housing. I had some on another 68. Those are great detail shots. I think I have 3 of those wire holders.

I know the ones your referring to but not sure/convinced about when and where they were used . Lots of the original cars I see don't have them nor have the "mounting holes" been used (show no sign of anything being threaded into them)

Oh... this is what makes it so fund ;)

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well...........here's another ;) Going through my "archive" drawers, looking for an underdash lite mount, came across two 1.5" hard plastic rub rings that go into the two holes in the hood. Notice that the two 68's do not have them. These two were obviously in a hood for years, judging by appearance! Were they a 67 item? Am going to use them regardless as they give a finished look.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts