Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would appreciate some clarity on my newest acquisition

1 What color is the hood mounted turn signal indicator grills supposed to be? Mine are painted bodycolor.

2. Where can I get the clips/nuts? to hold the grill in from the inside of the hood?

3. Car is Gulfstream Aqua with reflective group in white. Dealer sticker shows 2 tone hood.
a. what color is the insert
b. where can I get a correct template or guide
c/ anyone have a photo of white striped car with this hood?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
On the hood grille inserts, they're held in place with "push nuts". Major parts vendors like Virginia Classic Mustang or NPD has. Maybe local H/W store.
Note: as some know that have owned or seems these 67/68 hood grilles, the tiny vertical bar that they go into break or grilles rattle a bit. What I've seen at least once was very tiny rubber "O" rings pushed onto mounting post of little grille before mounting it with push nut. Helps keep grille tight and from rattling. What I did on mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
As for hood stripe, I believe follow from grille inserts straight back to windshield as I've seen them.
Color maybe match your side GT stripe color, a guess.
Couple pics from Google:

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the hood grille inserts, they're held in place with "push nuts". Major parts vendors like Virginia Classic Mustang or NPD has. Maybe local H/W store.
Note: as some know that have owned or seems these 67/68 hood grilles, the tiny vertical bar that they go into break or grilles rattle a bit. What I've seen at least once was very tiny rubber "O" rings pushed onto mounting post of little grille before mounting it with push nut. Helps keep grille tight and from rattling. What I did on mine.
Thanks for the link and the tip!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Turn Signal Grills are same as Body Color. Two Tone hood only came in Low-Gloss Black (see attached). Reflective Group for GT Stripes and Styled Steel Wheels only.

Bob

Sales Brochure 10-67 (6).jpg
Sales Brochure 10-67 (13).jpg
1968 Options and Accessories (3).jpg
Exterior Paint - 1960-68 MPC - Copy.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts