Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi doug2stanger here
i see there is a drag link on ebay,
the guy says that a manual drag link
can be used to replace a former power
assisted steering. my question is if the
tie rod would be the same . also are there
any pitman arm issues here?

douglas rhine of nebraska
the man with the sad dog face

3,848 Posts
Mustangs Unl shows the same part #'s for the tie-rods (inner
and outer) and adjusters for both ms and ps. The pitman
arm isn't an issue, but they list different #'s for ps/ms idlers.
They also sell a "Conversion Adapter" that converts ps to
ms without changing any other parts. Just remove the ps
control valve from the drag link and install the adapter.
Price: 159.95. I haven't used this adapter, but maybe someone
on this forum has. Hope this helps.

65 FB "J" 302 lots of mods. 94 GT K&N only.

Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A long time ago in some Mustang magazine I read a question about why a power steering system would not center properly and the answer was that probably the wrong idler arm had been used. Thus I assume that even though they fit the same, p/s and manual idler arms are different. (I know that wasn't your question!!!)
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.