Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to attempt putting a headliner in a friends 68 Fastback this weekend. He has the glue and instructions, but I know it can't be that easy.....any tips? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Mark the holes for the clothes hook and anything that needs to be attached to the roof after the headliner is in. I've seen people insert the screws into the holes before putting the headliner on, then use something hot, like a soldering iron to burn the holes. This way the vinyl doesn't rip later. I'm sure others will have more/better ideas. Good luck

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
i did mine in my 65 and it was no problem,never done 1 either. just take your time and work the wrinkles out as you go. ive heard the metal bars are different sizes, not sure, just in case be sure they go back correctly.i used the windlace to hold everyhting in place.once you get the headliner snug you can feel the mirror holes and visor holes fairly well. prob. better advice coming up. i was surprised how nice it turned out. i also had my windshield out at the time. later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts