Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I gutted the interior of my 68 Fastback so I can repaint the interior. A previous owner had removed the original rear trunk divider and replaced it with a custom plywood/speaker combo.

I found an original metal trunk divider and installed it. There is an area between the divider and rear folddown seat and I assume is used for small cargo space. When I removed the carpet from that area, there is a piece of cardboard like material underneath which I'm guessing is original since it fits, screw holes line up, and it correctly cut.

My problem is that this piece was held in place to the frame of the car with duct tape. My question is this: Is there another metal piece that goes under the cardboard piece or is it the cardboard piece?

The main reason why I'm asking this is because where the rear trunk divider ends, there is about a 2 inch gap until the bottom part of the body begins. Just want to make sure everything is orginal.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think the piece you need is the bottom portion of the rear seat set. It will have a latch in the center for the trapdoor to catch and stay down. It's a rather large piece that makes the 'floor' flat back there. It is also carpeted. It goes from the rear of the bottom seat cushion to the edge of the trapdoor and from int. quarter to int. quarter.
If you look in a parts catalong (mustangs unlimited or CJ pony parts for sure) they should have an exploded view of the rear seat and all the parts that go with it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I have latest Mustang Unlimited mag and I'm not seeing the diagram. Would you happen to know the part name? If not, is this part or parts available, new or used? Please help!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I'm sorry if I didn't give enough info. I don't have the type of divider that folds down. It's just a solid metal piece. Also, I do have a fold down seat that falls toward the front of the car. Sometime in the car's history, someone removed the parts to hold the seat in place. So if I were to hit the brakes, the seat would fall down. What parts do I need to fix this? I know that I have the fold down seat latch covers. Are the latches all I need?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts