Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Mustang fastback GT390
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I know this is a very rare option, I have the blower & switch, I’m looking for the last piece in the puzzle, the hose that goes from the blower to the rear panel beneath the rear window ,the panel is already pre cut, anyone out there who knows the part number or anyone got the item chucked in a box at the back of the garage. All fingers & toes crossed for this 1.

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
Got a picture? I have the 66 version and it's pretty self-contained, just recycles the air.

Attachments

·
Registered
36,500 Posts
Is that a rubberized fabric hose with wire spiral? What diameter?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s the 18C515 part that in need. Anyone got the part lying around ??

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
That looks like the same ducting used for the front defroster. I'm sure you could order one of those and cut it to size.

·
Registered
962 Posts
That looks like the same ducting used for the front defroster. I'm sure you could order one of those and cut it to size.
It looks much larger than the front defroster hose, but looks can as they say be deceiving.

Belky - since you appear to have everything else, including the motor housing and inlet piece, can you provide what the hose ID would be? Secondary would be the length of the hose, if you are in a position of bolting the equipment in place. You might need to so with a good substitute until you find an original. Also the dimensions would confirm to those that have a random piece of hose laying around that it might be the one you need.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks much larger than the front defroster hose, but looks can as they say be deceiving.

Belky - since you appear to have everything else, including the motor housing and inlet piece, can you provide what the hose ID would be? Secondary would be the length of the hose, if you are in a position of bolting the equipment in place. You might need to so with a good substitute until you find an original. Also the dimensions would confirm to those that have a random piece of hose laying around that it might be the one you need.
Some photo’s to have a look at, let me know what you come up with regarding the part required.
585B72EA-14D2-4706-82F8-71BC7DDFF5BF.png

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
In your original post you mentioned that you were looking for "the last piece..." From the pictures you attached, it looks like you need:

1. Nozzle assembly C8ZZ-18C515-A
2. Duct assembly C8ZZ-18C522 (unless you have it elsewhere and did not include a picture)

Based on my interpretation of Happystang's response, and perhaps influenced by 22GT's post of the picture of a hose, I was mistakenly focused on hose 18C481 that is part of the 18C522 assembly.

So back to the nozzle assembly, I think that in addition to this post, which would probably get attention from anyone interested in the 1968 defogger option, you might want to supplement this with a specific ad in the wanted section.

Lastly, I don't have any of the parts you are looking for. However, I'll be on the lookout. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts