Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the AC equipped cars get underdash lamps? I ask because the Osborne manual says "All models except AC."

Thanks!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yes. Driver side is the same, passenger side is not. A/C cars used the same on both sides. Non-A/C cars, passenger side have a longer base.

Regards,

·
Administrator
19,497 Posts
There are no underdash courtesy lights on my coupe, which has a/c. I do have the floor console with the light in there, so that may be the difference here. Can't tell on my fastback, because that's where the "engine fuel fire" was. :naive:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the console too, but it sure seems it'd be nice to have some underdash lights.

My car had a dash fire, so some of the things I wanted to see have been replaced/charred.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have both and it's an AC car.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have both too but the previous owner just put in a new wiring harness and maybe the under dash ligths automatically came with the harness ? They do not work though. Does anybody know where the wiring for these go back to to get its power from ?

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
The Electrical Assembly manual shows the correct locations.

For a non A/C car, the passenger side bracket is longer and mounts to the furthest outboard glove box bolt. The Drivers side mounts to the left of the steering column. There should be two capture nuts for the air vent control bracket, then the courtesy light. (Page 24 of the manual)

For A/C cars you have go look all the way back to page 83 to see that they replaced the courtesy light bracket with the shorter one (2704253) from the drivers side and moved it 2.12 inches toward the outside of the car where they drill a .16" hole to mount it. No change to the drivers side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts