Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, going to start posting in here as I slowly make progress. I bought a 68 from a close friend who started to build an eleanor car but lost interest/ time after finishing the body and paint. As it sits now, its got a coilover front suspension, baer brakes and a 9" rear with 3.55 traction loc. No interior, no engine or trans. Got a long way to go but looking forward to the learning experience.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Been buying stuff in preparation for when I have time to work on it. While its a bare interior and a rolling shell, im going to get some of the welding work done by a shop. Recently purchased:

-Mini tubs from mustangs to fear (goes flush with the frame rail and wont interfere with interior)
-Street or Track 3 link rear suspension (will use my existing 9" housing, shop will weld on brackets)
-Street or Track framerail connectors
-American Autowire full wiring harness
-Scott drake coso ferroce steering wheel and new rag joint

I have a garage full of other parts that came with the car. First order of business is to sand a paint the steering column, install that and the steering wheel so i can move the damn thing without turning each front wheel individually. Then trailer it to the shop and get the connectors, mini tubs and suspension brackets welded on. Then project will be on hold while i have to go away for work for a while. At least there will be time to save up the engine and trans!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Looks like a great starting point. I'm liking your plan so far, keep us updated on the progress. We really enjoy pictures of the progress and I look forward to your impressions of the wheel tubs.

·
Super Moderator
8,854 Posts
Looks close to being finished.
I’ll be following.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Beautiful body to start with. What mayor, trans are you planning for it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, for the motor i really have a wide scope right now.. i want around 500hp and efi in a small block. so ive been looking into 408 or 427 windsors. eyeing some turnkey engines from prestige motorsports in concord nc. For the trans ill go with a tko 600 5 speed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A little overdue but heres some pics of the work I had done a few weeks ago. I had Ken Keir Race Cars in MD install my MTF mini tubs and Street or Track 3 link rear suspension and framerail connectors. Awesome work and awesome looking parts, just need to do some seam sealing and painting whats bare metal.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Those photos were making my head spin!

It has something to do with this website's photo posting software. The Owner/Administrator sure needs to fix that problem.
Actually it has to do with how you hold the phone when you take pictures....all pictures I take with the home button to the left are upside down...all with the home button to the right are rightside up...I never use the phone vertical for anything except phone calls so I dont know on that one.

As for the car....it looks close to finished...not "a long way to go" to me...nice car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Of course all the pictures are upside down or 90 degrees off ha sorry about that
Since I spun them around so I could view them, I might as well post 'em.

Attachments

·
Registered
628 Posts
What a great starting point. With the body work, paint and suspension work in, choosing a drivetrain should not be that hard. Looking forward to seeing the car finished and on the road.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts