Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a 68 GT S-Code Coupe that’s Gulf Stream Aqua have Black C Stripes and Black sections on the hood?
Did the GT’S always use GT hubcaps or blank hub caps?
Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Can't help with the stripes,but this is a Ford Mustang.
Always never applies.
I'm sure others will come along shortly with real answers.:D
Russ

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
The black stripes on the hood were an option separate from the GT option.

The C stripes were a no cost option on the GT. Their colour was linked to the colour of the interior and the colour of the exterior. For example a black car would not get you black C stripes. A red interior generally got you red stripes but not when the exterior colour was red.

·
Registered
962 Posts
GT hub caps - yes. I think that argent painted wheels were standard, chrome optional. You should get a Marti report on your car to determine what was ordered from the factory.

·
Registered
36,513 Posts
Would a 68 GT S-Code Coupe that’s Gulf Stream Aqua have Black C Stripes and Black sections on the hood?
Did the GT’S always use GT hubcaps or blank hub caps?
Thanks
Randy
Almost certainly the stripes would be black. The stripes were coordinated with the interior. Since the choices were black, white, red, and gold, I don't see an alternative.

The blackout stripes in the hood were very rare. They would be listed on the Marti if it had them.

The 68 GT always had the styled steel wheels, with chrome centers and "GT" emblems on the caps. Ford listed a reflector package that had reflective stripes and reflective argent paint on the wheels, but if any were actually produced, I have not seen them.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
Ford had the Reflective Group for '67 also. I've never seen a 67 or 68 with that option. It "glowed" in the sales brochures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts