Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
68 GT fastback I live in the suburbs of Dallas Texas. I’m looking for someone to restore my 68 mustang. I’ve had it since I was 17. I’m 57 now. I just don’t know how to go about finding a place. My kids are out of college now and Im finally am able to make this happen. If anyone has any recommendations for the DFW area, that would be great.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Arse Monkey?
I wish I knew a trustworthy place but bad news travels farther faster.
Can you do any of it? Even if you think you can't DIY anything, you really can to at least figure what it does need to become a more educated consumer then have it done in logical steps other than blow it apart and reassemble with new parts.

I think good advice might be to not trust any single place to do it all or that promises they CAN do it all and do it all at once.(though Im sure some can) That's an invitation to be bent over IMHO. Like they might want to throw everything away and replace it with re-pop crap that will cost you both now and later or take your money and let it languish until they "get time for it."

I see its only been 5 years since registered, best bet to me would be get it going if you can then shop around.
Dont forget to get estimates AND a signed agreement:sneaky:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Connect with the local Mustang clubs or the local chapter of the MCA (Mustang Club of America) and ask around among enthusiasts who may actually have personal experience in your area.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks like we are starting the journey at the same time. I live in the Plano/Wylie area. I currently have my 68 fastback at a body shop north of Ft. Worth waiting in line to get the body work done. I'm not sure how much body work you need but they seem to know their business. They only do restoration body work on 1964 1/2 through 1970 mustangs. They told me when I get my car back it will be ready to go to paint. I'd be happy to give you their contact info. Send me a PM if you are interested.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like we are starting the journey at the same time. I live in the Plano/Wylie area. I currently have my 68 fastback at a body shop north of Ft. Worth waiting in line to get the body work done. I'm not sure how much body work you need but they seem to know their business. They only do restoration body work on 1964 1/2 through 1970 mustangs. They told me when I get my car back it will be ready to go to paint. I'd be happy to give you their contact info. Send me a PM if you are interested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings Fellow North Texans,

Too funny. Back story is I own a 68 GT fastback. As my story goes I bought it when I had no money and lots of time. Now I have no time. Yes I have more money but two college tuitions are taking priority. My journey started in 1988. Fast forward 31 years and I just started working on it. Happy to join forces and figure this thing out with other like minded Mustang fans.

Let me know if interested
Pat

·
Registered
438 Posts
suggestion. get motor done, upgrade drivetrain components tidy up interior and enjoy. If you start complete restoration you may be looking at least a couple years before you can enjoy. Your car looks great have fun.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Too funny. Back story is I own a 68 GT fastback. As my story goes I bought it when I had no money and lots of time. Now I have no time. Yes I have more money but two college tuitions are taking priority. My journey started in 1988. Fast forward 31 years and I just started working on it. Happy to join forces and figure this thing out with other like minded Mustang fans.

Pat

Pat
Sure I just got on here the other day so if I find something I will definitely share it with you do you have any pictures of your car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts