Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35,867 Posts
IIRC, the 68 had "BRAKE" and "BELTS" in that position.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine is black - not sure if other engine/trim groups had other options.
Mine is a C code 68 coupe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The one in the vehicle has nothing the high beam running horse is there but the original is open. A y suggestions?

·
Registered
35,867 Posts
Well, something is missing, the "BELTS" may have been optional, but the "BRAKE" was a Federal mandate.

·
Registered
35,867 Posts
Typically they are transferred from the old bezel.

Other than stripping one from an old panel, it'll be a problem.

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
If you are referring to the pod that is where the clock went when optioned.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I just had my cluster out to replace my Speedo/odometer. I installed LED lights too ? top round thing is a blank for a clock. There is a ‘brake’ red light and a seatbelts green light. My 68 C code has nothing wired to the seatbelts light. It never did either.

I am not sure if red brake light comes on only when your fluid is low or if it’s supposed to come on via the emergency brake pulled. When I pull my hand brake light does not go on abs my wiring is in really great shape.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Assuming the 68 is wired like the 67 the Brake Warning Light is connected to the switch on the top of the distribution block underneath the master cylinder. It comes on if you lose pressure in either the front or rear brake hydraulic circuit.

So if your brakes are good, you'll probably never see the light come on except maybe when you're bleeding them and if the light ever did come on while you were driving you've probably already figured out that you're missing half of your brakes.

I really like the look of those LED lights. You can actually see the gauges at night!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts