Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at replacing the standard square mirrors on the 'vert with remotes.... However, before buying, looking at the photos they seem quite a bit bulkier/boxier than the standard ones. Not using an interior rear-view, just dual exteriors.

Any opinions/experiences on the look of dual exterior remotes vs. standards? ::

·
Registered
771 Posts
They are a little "bulkier" but not in a bad way... I have the remote driver's mirror and the same style of mirror on the passenger side but it does not have the remote feature... I like 'em. I don't have any close up pictures but you can probably see them fairly well in the pictures posted on my web site.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
The mirror surface area is a LOT smaller. They are almost useless.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I had the same thoughts and went with the standard mirrors on both sides, I think they look a little cleaner on a coupe.

I also went with the convex face to give a wider view. You can't tell it is any different by looking at the chrome, but the view is a lot better. It is strange to look at the one on the driver's side with a wide angle view, but I'm kind of used to it now. NPD sells those.

Not the best pic, but this shows the size of the face

http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/7721/doorint0sg.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
I agree the stock stuff is useless....You could go out on a limb and try power mirrors... :winkgrin:

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/forums/photopost486/data/502/2708mirror2.JPG

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
On a 68 cvt, have repop remote and matching passenger side dummy....and they suc! The passenger one has a set screw in rear that will not tighten up to hold the mirror stationary. The driver one?????havent't taken doorpanel off yet to check. It is dysfunctional! :rolleyes: Needs meds! :pissed: Probably putting the manual ones on. These mirrors are about 2years old so don't know who's they are. The car has been in storage for 2 years at an airport.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Looks like different opinions... I've had the 69 sport mirrors on three other cars and the surface area of the actual mirror is virtually the same as the 68 remote mirror. None of the vintage mirrors are as functional as the ones on my modern vehicles but so it goes with a lot of other stuff on these cars. If you'd like some close up pictures let me know and I'll email you a couple.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts