Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in the proscess of restoring a 1968 mustang. i have converted it to power front disk brakes from manual all 4 drum brakes. Now i have bench bled the mc and bled the lines numerous times. there is no air in the system what so ever. pads and shoes are all brand new/0 miles on everything. but when i push the pedal it goes about 1 inch from the floor and when started the booster helps it the rest of the way to the floor. drums are adjusted too.
i still have the manual brakes pedal in the car, but would that make the pedal sit low?
next question, i have a 73 mustang parting out that i took the disk brake setup off of, could i use that pedal on the 68 mustang.
if anyone could help that would be great!!!

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
67/68 have different pedals for power or manual brakes. Is the rod from the booster to the pedal adjustable? Maybe the pedal spring is returning it to the top of travel but the rod it isn't actually contacting the booster until partway down?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually i pulled the power pedal off the 73 and with a little modification it fit right in. brakes feel great now, i have about 3.5 inches off the floor now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts