Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I’ve recently purchased a 68 mustang that was original 302 w/ manual transmission. Unfortunately the car I received had no engine, tranny, rear end or even brakes. I’ve got a 302, aod and am planning on installing a ford 8.8 rear. My issue is that I want to install both front and rear disc brakes but I’m unsure if this setup will work. My car didn’t even come with spindles so I’m open to options. My plan was putting original 68 disc brakes (if I can find them) and installing those. Please advise, thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,170 Posts
The factory disc brakes on a '68 were the single piston, floating caliper design. The spindles and disc brakes from a '68-'70 will fit as well as spindles and brakes from a '75-'80 Granada or Maverick. I am using the Granada front disc brakes and Explorer rear discs on my '65.

·
Super Moderator
10,682 Posts
Hello everyone. I’ve recently purchased a 68 mustang that was original 302 w/ manual transmission. Unfortunately the car I received had no engine, tranny, rear end or even brakes. I’ve got a 302, aod and am planning on installing a ford 8.8 rear. My issue is that I want to install both front and rear disc brakes but I’m unsure if this setup will work. My car didn’t even come with spindles so I’m open to options. My plan was putting original 68 disc brakes (if I can find them) and installing those. Please advise, thanks!
Welcome!

You’re in luck, they’re still very available.

@CHOCK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts