Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I am showing 8 1/2 threads on the drag link left, I tried to post a picture but could not get it to work properly, the end of the drag link should be up against the ball socket inside the valve where the ball/stud is in order to keep the stud from moving back and forth too much before engaging the actual valving , this is the reason for making sure it goes back in the same place when removing to rebuild correct?? If someone else did NOT screw the control valve back where it is supposed to be or did not take a measurement before installing a new one then the adjustment would not be proper allowing excessive play. Does this sound reasonable?? Unfortunately I cannot find anyone that knows anything about these other than taking one off and installing it back to where it was in the first place. https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=715764&thumb=1

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
After watching the CJ Pony video on this valve R&R much of my previous thinking is incorrect, the inner sleeve has nubbs on the inside to keep the ball socket in place on the drag link side, just going to order a new control valve and quit screwing around.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts