Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am in the process of hooking up my parking brake assembly and cables in my '68. I have the dash mount handle type brake assembly. How does the cable connect with the handle in the assembly itself? I believe I am missing a part for the assemble that connects these two pieces and allows the parking brake to lock (missing a tube like piece with teeth in one side to grab and lock the brake???) Is this correct? Can this piece be purchased separately rather than buying the whole assembly for $60.00? When I purchased my '68 the handle was missing and the assembly was not hooked up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Mike
'68 289 Mustang Coupe
'00 Chevy Silverado

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Cable attaches to a hole in the long round metal piece (11 1/2" long) that as you say has teeth on one side. The plastic handle goes on the other end. If you need one, email me, I have a spare.

68 GT500
68 1/2 CJ Coupe

MCA# 18519

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
I'm a bit cloudy on this part, but there is a pin that drives/presses in the toothed shaft.... This pin serves as a guide for the rod in the tube.... pull the pin out with a pair of vise-grips and the assembly will come apart.

Required tools for operating a Vintage Mustang:
1. Duct Tape
2. J.B. Weld
3. B.F.H. (Big Fat Hammer)
4. VINTAGE MUSTANG FORUMS II
View Album Here: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1616948&a=12352157

1 - 4 of 4 Posts