Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please send me some really wicked or cool 68 restomod pictures? i kinda wanna get some ideas or something....ty ::

·
Registered
142 Posts
Try Laurie_S, she has a wicked cool fastback restomod...I think her website is http://www.tucsonpony.com/ ...scroll down and click on 'Trouble'. It's beautiful.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm...i should specificied...lol...68 coupes please...id like to either do the GT/CS clone possibly....or like...a CJ coupe clone

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Hrm.. no offense to laurie, trouble is an awesome car.. but i would say that its not a CRAZY restomod. All the mods seem pretty common and easy, just that there are so many of them together that its special (oh and the paint is nice). I want to see a restomod that is CRAZY, im talking all custom work, not a bunch of stuff you can buy on the internet and in catalogs. Thats just me though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well, I don't know if this is as crazy as you would like, but it's a 68 Coupe Restodmod... http://www.mustang.is/press.htm ...sorry you didn't like Trouble. I happen to think it's a beautiful car with lots of hours and care put into it. And really, a Restomod is whatever you make of it. I've seen people just put a few engine mods and call it a restomod, and then some people have spliced an 87 lincoln and a 65 mustang together, put new seats in it, 5.0L engine, new tranny, rack & pinion steering, and then called it a restomod. Be creative, have fun, and make it your car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i'd check out mustangsplus.com. they have a few ideas that are pretty wild. or have you thought about a "Eleanor" kit. its pretty popular and your 68 would fit the bill pretty much dead on.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Mine is probably more modified than most. I don't have any body mods or add on body parts to speak of though. Its not on the road yet either. :( I do have some pics if you want I can send some to you but they are mostly construction pics. Otherwise I have a few on this page Soon as I get some time I will be adding more pics.

Good Luck !

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Go to the "how to" section of this site:
The 1968 Mustangs
It shows mods for installing aftermarket gauges, installing aftermarket shoulder/lap safety belts, and installing 1994-current Mustang Seats in a 1968 Mustang

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
naw...trouble is a great car, its what id do if i had a 67/68FB to do a 67GT350/500 clone lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
You should keep an eye on my site, I'm gearing mainly for restomods.

Just announced some indiglo gauges for 65-68 mustangs and carry the full TCP line for handling as well as mainy other restomod parts.

My project car will be featured along with posts. There are a few on the site under project car.

Ideas:

New updated interior,
Shelby style console with monitor.
late model seats,
Door panels from ROD DOORS
package tray to match door panels, seats and console.
White face Indiglo gauges
Lecarra wheel

Gun metal paint or metalic grey from late model stang.
17 American Racing wheels ( I supply)
Full Total Control Products parts/

4.6 Modular Conversion with Dohc engine

Eleanor body kit or similar styling.

Lowered Suspension.

Tint, Black top, gun metal or dark metalic paint.

Mainy other ideas, most of the parts are availble through my site. Alot of items will be added shortly.

Thanks
Wayne.

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL62/770052/1344903/18323434.jpg
I can email you the real stats to date...really radical. ::

1 - 13 of 13 Posts