San Leandro Police Dept. case # 03-9807
Detective Aldred
Stolen 8/7/03 on Estadillo St. in San Leandro, CA

If you see it, call the police.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
If you dont turn me in I'll let you drive it... :: jk

Poor guy. I'd be soooooooooo freakin' pi$$ed off.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Oh NOOO!!!!!! That's TERRIBLE!!!! I've seen that car around town many times in the past couple of years and have spoken with the owner when he worked at the hardware store a couple of blocks from my house.

He's a real nice guy, too. Rumor has it he bought that car in the seventies for $3,000. All original, too.

I'll keep my eyes peeled, but I've got a feeling it's probably gone forever. :(

Rick

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
CRAP!!! I've seen that car before too!!!! Is there an epidemic? I too suspect it's already unregocnizeable. If it helps the plates were the blue with gold lettering. I hope by some chance it is found!

G

·
0 Posts
Man that really blows! I just got my 67, and I am seriously worried about theft (not that its quite the eye catcher right now). Living in Oakland I had my old TA broken into a few times. No garage to lock it in. Stays outside under locked cover with a club on wheel, all minor deterents. I hope they find it but these cars most likely get cut up for parts or shipped over seas right away.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
That thing is in Mexico by now unfortunately...

I'll keep my eye open in Massachusetts and Rhode Island though.

Slade

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
WHY do they DO that??? :( That's sad--theft is too common, nowadays and hurts all of us in the hobby and out. We might keep our eyes open on E~hay for parts, too in the coming months. It's sad that specialty cars are worth so much money as parts.

I think i'm going out to hug my car right now...
Daniel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts