Vintage Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
So did it sell for 109? More? I am just curious- I am not able to purchase cars like this- but I do like to dream....

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
What happened to the $109k bidder?

·
Premium Member
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Never was a $109 bidder. I came down from $120K to $109, now Best offer over $100K , If no one wants it , I will just enjoy it with the le mans 427so and drive a legend. Like the movie ! Liked the movie so much I went twice. LOL

Troy(y)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Coming from a few Shelby's myself, it's a shame how the guys look down on these cars when they don't have the original equipment. Obviously that's what is really hurting the value here...I had a fully restored concourse 68 gt350, when I say restored it was RESTORED to 100% accuracy. I had all documentation from where it was bought and the warranty replacement proof for the motor in 1970.. I had her listed for 85k for months and finally had to let her slide for 68k ....Not having the original motor killed the deal for everyone. Learned a valuable lesson....Never overpay for a shelby without the original drivetrain. I hope you can find a buyer she is truly a beauty...GLWS

·
Premium Member
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Wow what a hit you took. I do not have to sell the car. I was planning to let it go for some LT Industrial property but it sold before I could get it. I guess time will tell on value. I will keep it unless $100K area is hit and enjoy it 3-4 times a year at local shows. Having the 427so to me is a way better motor and seeing the latest movie makes me smile when driving behind it. If someone wants a fun and awesome Shelby experience of owning a real one for a lower price then others asking. Jump on over to the dark side. :cool: I have a 4 month old grandson now maybe pass it on is an option. Teach him the ways of Ford and classics. Thank goodness my son in law is a ford guy. He has his grandfathers 56 ford pickup. My daughter gets my 68 Convertible.

Troy

·
Premium Member
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Thanks , she was one that liked cars and showed them. It was our thing together. Now that piece is gone. It would be nice if the people would see how the current motor is a upgrade and not a negative. But not everyone is like me. Maybe someone has a wife that likes Shelby's and wishes to drive one to a show. Never know. Time will tell.

Troy

·
Super Moderator
11,255 Posts
Might be an upgrade, but the mods are killing it’s originality and price.

Nice car though .

·
Premium Member
7,057 Posts
Man, it seems Mom's 427 is destined to stay in the family!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts