Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Those who don't want to pay the price of 100K + for the car are looking it as an investment to make money on. It doesn't have the original motor, wrong color, inspection markings are missing, etc. I get it because those folks are out there. If I had the money to spend, I would buy it and then drive it. Would it be a daily driver? No, but I would have a Shelby with a 427 in it, and it would be a blast to drive. Those road trips from AZ to wherever my next trip I decide to go on would just be a bit more fun. "Hey Emm, let's go somewhere. Do you want to take the Mustang or the Shelby?"

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I do that now. Either I take the top down on the 68 convert mod or I take the Shelby out , just to go somewhere. Every time I get thumbs up or people walk up and want to see the cars. Positive moments. I have never had anyone out in the public say neg or look down on the Shelby due to motor/color. Only on the mustang sites. Regardless I will hold my head up and smile :giggle: , It still is a ford blue of that year , It has the 69 le mans race motor of the movie , This motor won the last race in 69. And the ink markings are still present in the eng bay area and rear end from the assembly line. The car still has the orig quarters and floors. NO rust!

I would rather have $100K on a cool ride/original then $140-$175 because of matching. But that is just me.

So to all that have cool rides take them out. Enjoy life! Take the grand kids for ice cream and watch there eye get big when you hit the gas. LOL

Troy

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Saw this one pop up on BAT, sorry to hear about your Mom man. Just based solely on taste in cars she sound like she was awesome. Best of luck with the sale.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts