Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brought home a 68 Shelby GT-500-KR that needs a complete restoration. I have all (99%) of the original parts. This is a two owner car that has been in dry storage for 22 years. The original motor is long gone, but the replacement block was running when the car was stored.
I ran the numbers and the car is a correct KR 4-speed A/C cars built. I just don't know real numbers to pay for a good driver's restoration. If anyone can help, or is knowledgable in restorations, please e-mail me and I can go over the condition.

I do not intend to sell the car at this point.

Sincerely,

Mark

·
Registered
243 Posts
Mark ..... Sounds like a great find; '68 KR with factory 4spd and a/c! Done right this is going to be a high dollar car. I have a pair of '68 GT-350s. I have had some work quoted on one of my 350's which I want to upgrade from driver condition to show. My 350 is a low 67K mile original, rust free, southern car. Scale my input to match the condition of your KR. Detail engine compartment (engine out) = $1,500 to $2,000 plus parts. Detail undercarriage and trunk = $1,500. Body disassembly, preparation work, and paint = $5,000 to $6,500. Sounds like you have considerable mechanical sorting to do ..... brakes, shocks / springs, tires are about $400 to $600 each as long as no hard to find parts are missing. I hope this information helps. Rick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts