Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a '68 steering column into a '67? I can't seem to find the plug that will fit for the steering column. The '68 has a curved 10 plug connector and all I could find on the '67 was a 10 plug rectangle connector. How did you plug the column wiring into the '67 wiring harness? Do you need to make a piggy back connector from 2 other harnesses? Or do you try to change out the turn signal wiring in the steering column to the '67 wiring? Or, am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Ah, I think you've hit it. If I were doing that, I'd swap out the wiring if everything else fits the same. If you have bad harnesses around and the one in the column is good, then you can make a jumper. Then again, maybe someone knows of an adapter. ::

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
pedals on a 67 won't clear the collapasable section of a 68 assembly. 68 had special pedals to allow for this. Gary Gary

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gary,

I've basically transplanted everything from a '68 into a '67, including the pedal setup from a '68 with power disc brakes. My entire front suspension is a '68 with '68 steering from a '68 "J" code fastback. The '67 wiring harness was in the car to begin with. I thought the '68 wiring would be the same. My illustrated exploded view manual shows the same connector!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts