Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to stop being lazy and get motivated to start the restoration of the steering wheel on the fastback. Bought the new Scott Drake part (on the right--original is on the left) from CJ Pony Parts and when I opened the package noticed the tribar. Instead of the correct red-white-blue it is blue-red-white. Nothing like another quality restoration part.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Hmmm! Two months ago I refurbished my 68 Steering wheel with the 6 new rings, the pony emblem and the chrome plastic base. The base was too curved so I posted how I fastened it down My new center emblem has the correct Red White Blue sequence.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Dyslexic Reproductions.....Bass ackwards parts, at bass ackwards prices.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Wonder if CJ had 'em on sale? JK! Got mine from MU. Maybe there was a batch of bass ackward ones that MU sent back, or maybe they were painted randomly and I got lucky.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Very interesting. The picture in the MU paper catalog has the USA version RWB. The online catalog (which is not copie of the paper cat pages) also shows the USA version RWB.

Slim

·
Premium Member
5,114 Posts
You just made me go out in the garage and look at mine. I bought it about a year ago from VA Mustang, pretty sure it was Scott Drake, installed it this past fall. Mine is correct.

Dave

·
Registered
97 Posts
Guys,
I checked our inventory and we had a backward painted emblem in the box (out of about 30). This isn't a part we make ourselves, so this issue is probably not limited to our parts. Since the backward painting seems to be random (how does that happen?), the dealer should have correct ones in his inventory, so I would return it for a replacement. I've alerted our Quality Department to keep a close eye on these parts next time they are received. I appreciate the info. Thanks - Tim

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
The colors must be hand painted!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys,
I checked our inventory and we had a backward painted emblem in the box (out of about 30). This isn't a part we make ourselves, so this issue is probably not limited to our parts. Since the backward painting seems to be random (how does that happen?), the dealer should have correct ones in his inventory, so I would return it for a replacement. I've alerted our Quality Department to keep a close eye on these parts next time they are received. I appreciate the info. Thanks - Tim
Tim, didn't mean to call you out, but thanks for the reply. Got a return authorization number from CJ Pony Parts today, so I'll return it for an exchange. So far I'm quite please with everyone's response--customer service has been great.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Actually you've given us valuable input on this part. We've been looking at it since Monday and in addition to the backward painting, we aren't happy with the quality of the part and will be researching manufacturing these parts ourselves instead of buying them from another manufacturer as we do now. This kind of input helps us make better parts. Thanks - Tim

Tim, didn't mean to call you out, but thanks for the reply. Got a return authorization number from CJ Pony Parts today, so I'll return it for an exchange. So far I'm quite please with everyone's response--customer service has been great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts