Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll make this one brief. I'm going to put a "C" stripe on my fastback. I see that there are two kinds offered; reflective and non-reflective. Which one is "correct", i.e., how did they come from Ford originally? ::

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
The reflective C-stripe is part of the Reflective Group, which was available only if the car was equipped with the GT Equipment Group. The Reflective Group also included reflective paint on the styled steel wheels.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Man, I bet the reflective group made it easy for cops to catch street racers at night back in the day... The reflective stripe is correct for GT's with the reflective group option, but a C-stripe could be ordered on any Mustang.

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Can you imagine reflective style wheels! Tacky. The Illustrated Facts Book was printed in the fall of 67 and didn't take into account the 68 Spring Issue Sport Sprint. Some of them had reflective C stripes also. I remember a highland green Sprint that had gold reflective stripes. Not pretty. The same guy that sold me my 68 cv owned it. He loved it! :( ::

1 - 4 of 4 Posts