Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TS switch seems dead and i need to hook up a temporary manual switch.

Could someone please tell me which colour wires to 'cross' that go up to the steering column in order to operate the left and right signals ?

I know its a bit tricky but....please? :)

Thanks

Gary

·
Registered
118 Posts
First I would check if I had power to the switch (fuses OK?)if power to switch is ok I would use 3 positon switch(on off on for the jury rig

hope this helps

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Emergency Flasher in the steering column works fine, switch doesnt, so i assume its the switch itself.

Still cant deduce what wires to use

Anyone?? ::

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
try putting a jumper from emergency flasher hot wire to turn signal wire. the emergency flasher will not work but turn signals usually will. the switch in this area usually goes bad. have done this el cheapo fix a couple of times . Gary

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Gary - little confused on what you want to do. i know TS wiring backwards and frontwards and if you define what you want i can rig up someting. realize that your brake lights go thru TS circuis so you most likely won't have them. does your TS flasher work? if so the only thing from there is a TS/hazard and right/left select switches to select TS vs Hazard and left/right TS lights. could get that and splice in but it would be messy since you have to get into column wiring. PM me if you want my suggestions. IMHO it would be easier to fix TS problem rather than gin up work around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts