Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
https://store.convertibleparts.com/pmprestkit.html

Try here. If that’s not also for a Ford just take yours apart. I did one for a Cougar back in the 80’s and I don’t think that pump was any different than the one in my Chevelle with the exception of the plug for the wiring. They are simple devices, if you can’t find a kit you should be able to find o rings that will work. There aren’t that many inside. Many times they start leaking where the pump gear goes into to unit and it drips into the motor part of the assembly. It’s sealed with an o ring. They also tend to get gummed up at the check balls, usually only in one direction for some reason. But they are simple to take apart. There is a bleeding procedure sometimes it can take a few shots to get the air purged after it’s back together.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks gregb: Looks like a simple kit and from that pic i'm sure i can source those o rings locally at a hydraulic shop. I wasn't sure what all was included. I'm going to tear in to it and see what's inside.

Thanks...John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts