Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was the deal with that design? Anyway I ordered a pair of reproductions from NPD. They were $26.50 plus shipping and I thought it was a pretty good price. They fail to mention in the catologue that they are cheesy plastic jobbers.
I need a set of 70's. A few years ago I bought a pair of 70's both not cracked, not knowing they were shorter than the 69's I needed. Well I sold them both for $20. Kicking myself since I need the 70's now. I have a mint condition red passenger side for a 69 not cracked and a plastic drivers side. If anyone is interested in a trade let me know. I eventually fixed my cracked 69's and they came out pretty good but it is a pain in the rear to do it. Also don't feel like taking door panel off to replace the passenger one and I hate to paint it black in case someone needs that red one. Oh well still can't put my new deluxe door panels on cause of the cups. I won't be buying the plastic ones. Anyone want to sell me some cracked ones I'll go to work on fixing them. Thanks. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I seen somewhere that they had the metal ones available but were pretty high priced. The plastic ones are hard to get to sit right but they don't break either.
Don

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Matt at Ponderosa Mustang has a set of metal cups for $75 or so (see the parts page). I also see them (metal) on [censored] for around $60 + shipping.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
You might want to try the following:
Search for this message "HURRAY! Got my new pull cups today! by Herponi on 6/19/03. In this she describes where she got the metal repros. They were ordered from North Coast Mustang and said they were made by Scott Drake. www.Northcoastmustang.com
Good Luck :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts