Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dynacorn has just released the 69-70 metal trap doors. These are very, very close to original, and won't cost you $500 on ebay. They are much nicer, ie, have the original look grain unlike the ABS plastic ones that have been out for awhile now.

Price is $179.99 plus shipping.

PM or email [email protected]

Other newly released items include the fold down seat frames (top and bottom cushion frames) and 69 tailight buckets.

Sam

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Trapdoors just came in today.

Similar to the article I did for the 67-68 trap doors ( http://www.samsgarage.net/trapdoor.htm ), the reproduction 69-70 trap door weighs in at 9 lb 11.9 oz on the digital postage scale, more than a full extra lb of steel in these repro doors over the original 69-70 door. These are not your typical cheap, flimsy repro. They are well stamped, with good steel, and the grain looks good too. Comes with the standard Dynacorn black electronic dip plated primer.

Original trap doors are going for $450-500 on ebay. My price for these is $169 plus shipping. I like these Dynacorn trapdoors, and am using one in my own car. If you don't like it, I'll buy it back (unpainted and undamaged) and refund your shipping too.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry everyone, the trap doors are all gone. I had ordered 10 initially, and now Dynacorn has them on backorder so I can't get anymore. It will probably be 4-6 months before I can get some more, but I will post again when they come in.

Thank you to the guys who bought them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts