Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Friends,

Newbie here, I’ve been lurking for a couple of months now....Great website!

Dispensing with a boring introduction, I’ll get to the point. I have a 69 Mustang Mach 1 (my first car bought back in 75) that I will be restoring here soon. One of the things I want to do during this restoration is change out the hood for a shaker hood and scoop assembly. I do not want to cut up my current hood, rather just purchase another hood. That said, can anyone speak for any of the repop hoods out there? In an article on the Mustang Monthly Website, I see that Goodmark makes a hood, however I was not able to find that hood on their website. Can anybody comment on these people or perhaps another manufacture for a quality 69 hood?

Lastly, aside from an OEM unit, what is available out there regarding shaker scoops? I’ve noted a repop done up in high-density fiberglass, but I have not physically seen the unit and I’m not so sure fiberglass interests me. Anybody?

Merry Christmas to all and thanks in advance to those kind enough to respond to my queries.

John Lindsay

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Welcome to the VMF John. Merry Christmas!

Goodmark is very, very good stuff, but I thought the got out of the Mustang parts business long ago? (That's a shame, because a lot of this forigen stuff sucks!)

I saw the repop fiberglass Shaker setup at the Columbus show and poked and prodded it for a while. It looks very nice, well made, and you can't beat the price with a stick. If memory serves, they also just started making a pot metal version as well. Avoid the 'glass trim ring in the kit, and spring for a repop metal one.
HTH
--Kyle

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I also saw the fiberglass shaker at Columbus and liked it enough that I'm gonna get one for my '69 Mach 1. I've also heard the same thing about the trim ring, spring for the metal repo.

·
Registered
343 Posts
FWIT, I was over at Mustang Corral in Edwardsville Illinois last week and they had the re-pro shaker scoop sitting on the counter. I thought it looked pretty good for the price. To sweeten the deal Shawn told me thay had a brand new re-pro 69-70 hood in the back with shipping damage (a dent right where the cut out goes) that he could deal on. If you're interested their number is 800 327-2897. You could at least ask them about the quality of the hood and who made it. They're a couple of the nicest guys I've ever dealt with and they know restorations.
BTW, I've got no affliation with them other then handing them money for parts.
Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts