Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a set of placment directions for the side stripes on a 69/70 GT500? I can not seem to find anything that indicates mainly the verticle measurements. The front fender part of stripe should be relatively easy. It is the placement on the door and qtr I'm wondering about.

Thanks

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mine were redone this past year and from my research studying photos of various 69's the stripe carries back as an extension of the short stripe at the front fender scoop parallel to the body panel crease. Some end up with the rear side marker light centered within the stripe and some with the bottom of the side marker light flush with the bottom of the middle wide stripe. I suggest you lay it out on the car to see how it looks best. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
The most important thing is to get the door stripe positioned properly, and then lay out the front fender and rear quarter stirpes off of that. If these 3 stripe pieces are not in a straight line it will be very noticeable.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Before you just slap them on, maybe check in the back of the Tony D Branda catalog. They have the stripe locations there for the 65/66 and the 67/68's. I'm not sure if the 69's are in there but it's worth a look.

·
Registered
196 Posts
From what I have been told..... most people put them on incorrectly (Mach 1 too) because the stripes are actually sloped downward from the front to back. That is why you always see 69-70's with the stripe (at the marker light in the back) above where its supposed to be. I have been told to use masking tape as a guide, but haven't put mine on yet, so I can't help there. But just dont make the same mistake by running it in a straight line, or you'll be stuck with them NOT lining up!
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.