Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally got the design finished, and are in the process of being built.... BUT................

These have been a royal pain in the @$$! The pods are 7½" inches wide by 4½" inches tall. These will work with several 4x6 speakers and component set up, but one of two things will have to be done.

#1 The speakers will have to be mounted from the back side and a speaker cloth or flat grille will need to be used if so desired over the speakers.

#2 If you choose not to do #1, and you prefer to use the speaker grille that comes with the speakers, then you will need to shim your emergency brake pedal over from ¼" inch to ½" inch for the pedal to clear the grille.

I have tried to trim as much as possible off to allow enough clearances for everything. If I trim anymore, then it really won't be worth while in my eyes, since it cuts down options as far as speaker choices.

This has been a challenge, as there is not much room to work with. So to keep cost down I have only made 10 sets. And probably won't make any more unless I can get some positive feedback from those that wanted these, so I can find out how they actually fit & work in a real inviroment.

I posted this here instead of the classifieds, because I know some of you that have posted your input on previous post and were interested, may not read the classifieds here on the VMF, and I wanted to make sure you got first crack at the 10 I am having made. What ever you folks don't buy I will make available to the general public next week.

Got any questions, post it here otherwise email me if inquiring on the 10 sets I will have available. [email protected]

** Sorry if I offended anyone by posting this here, just wanted to see the regulars have first crack at them, since there might not be anymore made.

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,581 Posts
Doug:

Can you post a picture? Also, what is the final price per pair?
Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Doug, are these problems specific to the convertibles? If so, do you still have plans for coupe/sportsroof models? I will be looking for some when the drivetrain is done & it is time to turn to reassembly & interior... I would rather deal with someone who appreciates the cars such as yourself.

Doug

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Thanks, TM... just what the doctor ordered.

Doug

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a photo of the convertible kp. This one is just a prototype. The new ones will have completely functional vents, and the speaker pod will be solid all the way across, not cut out like this one. This way it can be cut to fit your speaker. Also the shape on this prototype is more oval. the 10 I am having made has a more square appearance.

http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL76/711583/1216381/30047925.jpg

Out of courtesy for Bob and the forum, please email me for pricing and such.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Doug,

Please PM me with price info. I will take a trail run set, no problem.

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts