Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am rebuilding my heater\ac box on the 69 and I don't seem to have a floor vent. Did these cars come with some sort of plastic molded vent to direct air to your feet? Or was it just a hole that blew air down onto the floor? If it is a plastic vent does anyone have pics? Man all these little parts are hard to tack down.
Thanks.

·
Registered
8,661 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah ha.. So will this one from the Cougar fit the mustang as well? Does not sound like the guy on Ebay really knows. I am assuming it would. But I'd hate to buy it and find out it does not fit.
Thanks..

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have a 70 Mach w/ ac and the one on ebay does not look like mine. I just rebuilt my box and installed a new heater core a week ago. The passengers side has a short run and the drivers side is a bit longer. The one on ebay seems to have a much longer run to the passengers side than mine. I can always look again at mine for you and give you some measurements. [email protected]

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have mine out of my 69 Mach. Its looks the same.Part # C9ZA-18C366-A :)

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
The vent in the ebay auction is correct for your car. all of the ac setup was interchangeable for cougars and mustangs accept for the short duct extension for the dash center vent and the dash center vent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts