Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've noticed my linkage many times and I've never really looked at another Mustang's linkage so I didn't really pay much attention to mine. However, the bottom of my shifter recently fell apart and disconnected itself from the linkage to the transmission. Fortunately it did this at home. Anyway, while I was working on my shifter I noticed the linkage was sharp on one side. Well, it was sharp on the other end too. "What the hell, It's a lawn-mower blade!," I said to myself. Ha-ha, the things people do. Anyway, I know my C-4 is a 75 model, but I doubted the linkage would have been much different. So, I need that linkage. Anyway have a picture of the correct linkage? I'd also like to give a big thank you to Matt at Ponderosa Mustang. He gave me some shifter bushings and the piece that connects it to the linkage. As of now it's kinda rigged with the lawn-mower blade and all.... Those bushings were a big help. My shifter is no where as sloppy as it once was. I can't believe I was driving it like that. It didn't even have those plastic bushing inside. Crazy!

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Is this the piece your referring to? If so, 65/66 is slightly different than 67/68 Shift rods, although with minor mods, you could use either one on either year.

http://a6.cpimg.com/image/38/BF/12124216-0318-028001E0-.jpg

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I like the way you talk, uh huh!

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that looks better! However, I think I'm going to need something a little straighter than that... something more like a lawnmower blade! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts